Home

Hypermobility pregnancy labour

Pregnancy, birth, feeding and hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos

1. Pregnancy and parenthood brings both joy and challenges for all women. For the woman with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) or hypermobility spectrum disorder (HSD), the increased laxity of tissues can present increased and additional issues for which careful planning and management can help
  2. Introduction: An increased risk of preterm birth in women with joint hypermobility syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is suspected. Material and methods: In this nationwide cohort study from 1997 through 2011, women with either joint hypermobility syndrome or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or both disorders were identified through the Swedish Patient Register, and linked to the Medical Birth Register
  3. Syndrome during pregnancy, birth and beyond T he Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes (EDS) are a group of multisystemic, inherited conditions that affect connective tissue (Malfait et al, 2017). The various subtypes of EDS can share symptoms such as joint hypermobility and hyperextensible and/or fragile ski
  4. Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder in pregnancy, birth, and as a parent. What is Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder? Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSDs) are a group of conditions related to joint hypermobility a.k.a. when your joints bend more than they should. This is often commonly referred to as being 'double jointed'
  5. I was referred to an obstetrician once I was pregnant, thanks to all my stupid medical conditions, and she discussed the key potential issues from my hypermobility spectrum disorder and pregnancy, which basically are: Risk of the birth progressing quite quickly once you reach 4cm dilated. Risk of poor or slow wound healing
  6. The explanation given is that hypermobility can go along with a 'too strong' pelvic floor (nothing to do with how much you exercise it or not) and that the pelvic floor goes into spasm during childbirth and doesn't want to relax to let the baby out

Pregnancy outcome in joint hypermobility syndrome and

Hormones and Hypermobility During pregnancy a hormone called relaxin is produced, with important effects in the female reproductive system, to allow your body to adapt to maintain the pregnancy. Later in pregnancy it helps the body prepare for childbirth and relaxes the ligaments in the pelvis and softens and widens the cervix Hypermobility and pregnancy?? OL2mummy. i dont know anything to do with that and pregnancy though. i think we will probs be referred to physio after birth and maybe towards the end of pregnancy. only thing i'm worried about is my hip popping out during labour. will not be fun xxxx keep me updated if you find anything out please

Hypermobility Type and Pregnancy • No contraindication to pregnancy • Significant pelvic instability and pain frequently reported • 38.5% for each pregnant woman • Spontaneous labor onset: 32- 35 weeks • Spontaneous arterial rupture • Subclavian, iliac • GI Rupture Vascular Type EDS an For the woman with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or hypermobility spectrum disorder, the increased laxity of tissues can present increased and additional issues in pregnancy for which careful planning and management can help Hypermobility type of EDS is associated with relatively benign musculoskeletal problems including joint dislocation and pain. No contraindications to pregnancy in this type of EDS have been described Due to how fragile the connective tissue can be, hypermobility has shown that there can be a connection with early labor, Alexandra Kremer told The Sun. Pregnant women who are double-jointed may experience early dilation of the cervix, says the Hypermobility Syndrome Association Pregnancy, birth, feeding and hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome / hypermobility spectrum disorders. For the woman with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or hypermobility spectrum disorder, the increased laxity of tissues can present increased and additional issues in pregnancy for which careful planning and management can help

My pregnancy was pretty terrible just because I hadn't quite healed from a spinal fracture, I was super nauseous and fatigued the entire time. In my 3rd trimester I developed pre-eclampsia and had to be induced at 37 weeks. My baby was stubborn so my induction was 3 days! Labor itself wasn't terrible, easier than expected Pregnancy in joint hypermobility syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome- hypermobility type. Published by Hypermobility Syndrome Association, 02 March 2015. This article is written for both patients and healthcare and social care professionals. It applies primarily to JHS / EDS-HT and where complications due to Classical or Vascular EDS occur This hypermobility may also mean that Meghan could end up having an earlier or quicker labour because the muscles holding in the baby are more lax, adds birth coach Alexandra Kremer. Alexandra, who runs pregnancy retreats in St Albans, said: If you're already hypermobile, then pregnancy can take more of a toll on you and your body

A maternity tool has been co-create to support both professionals and pregnant people in decision making. It is freely available for download and wider use; hEDSTogether.com is also available to keep everyone up to date with this work via @hEDStogether. If you are using this tool to create an impact in the world, please tell us about it via the contact pages hosted at hEDSTogether.com Hypermobility can be more problematic in pregnancy, when changes in hormones and weight can put increased stress on supportive ligaments and joints, resulting in an increased risk of developing pelvic organ prolapse after birth. Treating Joint Hypermobility For the mother, the pregnancy-related release of relaxin can exacerbate joint hypermobility and pain, especially within the pelvic region. [9, 10] Interestingly, it was found that prematurity and.

Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder in pregnancy, birth, and

I've been reading about potential complications of pregnancy with HMS and trying to take in some of the stories on here of people who have been left in a worse condition following giving birth. I work full time and would need to be back at work fairly soon (like 3 months) after giving birth to keep the family going as it is (mortgage etc) According to the Hypermobility Syndromes Association, pregnant women who are double-jointed may experience early dilation of the cervix.This can result in the premature rupture of the membranes and hence premature labor and delivery. Alexandra also warned that hypermobility means that pregnancy can take more of a toll on you and your body and Meghan may need extra joint support like a. Side-lying Release is the technique of an obstetrician which was formalized by Dr. Carol Phillips, DC so that others could replicate the beneficial slow stretch.. Learn the Side-lying Release. How to do the Side-lying Release is on our website. Learn the SLR (and our 3 other favorite myofascial release techniques for pregnancy and birth) directly from Carol Phillips in our Better Birth with. SPD & Hypermobility in pregnancy September 16, 2014 · Does anyone want to share the labour experience so that future sufferers get a better idea of how labour can vary Pregnancy may be complicated by rapid labor and delivery (<4 hours), with small studies suggesting a frequency of 28%-36% [Castori et al 2010a, Castori et al 2012]. Joint laxity and pain typically increase throughout gestation, especially in the third trimester, as normally occurs during pregnancy in unaffected women [ Volkov et al 2007.

My Experience of Joint Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder and

1. Dutta I, Wilson H, Oteri O. Pregnancy and delivery in ehlers-danlos syndrome (hypermobility type): Review of the literature. Obstet Gynecol Int 2011;2011:306413. 8. Randalls B, Broadway JW, Browne DA, Morgan BM. Comparison of four subarachnoid solutions in a needle-through-needle technique for elective caesarean section. Br J Anaesth 1991;66:314-8
  2. Hypermobility spectrum disorders (HSDs) encompass an array of connective tissue disorders characterized by joint instability and chronic pain. Fatigue and other systemic symptoms that affect daily functioning may occur, as well. Accurate data on incidence and prevalence of HSDs is hampered by lack of awareness of these conditions and the wide heterogeneity of their clinical presentation
  3. HYPERMOBILE EHLERS-DANLOS SYNDROME AND HYPERMOBILITY SPECTRUM DISORDERS DURING PREGNANCY, BIRTH AND BEYOND | This is a programme of research. We have completed a review of the evidence published.
  4. Experts have claimed Meghan Markle's bendy thumb could be a sign of hypermobility, which could lead to her having an easy labour Credit: Max Mumby. Lilibet Lili Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was.
  5. 'Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome during pregnancy, birth and beyond' by Pearce G. Reinhold E. and Prezaro Downloadable PDF (which has had more than 10,000 downloads by midwifery and medical professionals) can be found here: Click here Hypermobility and Hypermobility Syndrome - A letter to my patients by Dr Alan Pocinki MD. Click her

The Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD) have profound and life-threatening consequences in childbearing as they affect connective tissues throughout the body. Hypermobile EDS (hEDS) and HSD are estimated here for the first time to affect 6 million (4.6%) pregnancies globally per year During pregnancy you will be referred to the hospital for your antenatal care and have the routine schedule of care and scans to monitor your baby. You may be referred to the anaesthetist to make a plan for any special considerations you may need during labour or delivery. Considerations during pregnancy

Hormones and Hypermobility. During pregnancy a hormone called relaxin is produced, with important effects in the female reproductive system, to allow your body to adapt to maintain the pregnancy. Later in pregnancy it helps the body prepare for childbirth and relaxes the ligaments in the pelvis and softens and widens the cervix Size and shape abnormalities in muscles controlling eye movements are also reported among patients with Ehlers-Danlos hypermobility syndrome. Pregnancy Problems . Pregnancy risks factors like premature membrane rupture and/or early labor and delivery comprising not more than 4 hours are common in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome patients

Factors as different as hypermobility, there is a foul-smelling The area surrounding these openings is included in the perineum, Length: Up to 1 hour, during pregnancy and after birth, chills, Pain is considered chronic if it continues to occur for more than 4 to 6 months Pregnancy and postnatal Affected infants of mothers with classical- and hypermobility-type EDS have which increases the risk of premature rupture of membranes and preterm labor, and. Pelvic girdle pain (PGP) specifically indicates pregnancy-related pain in the lumbosacral, sacroiliac, and pubic symphysis joints . Twenty-two percent of all women experience PGP during pregnancy, labor, or postpartum, 5-8% of those with severe symptoms and disability. In addition, PGP may be observed in 7% of women after delivery [3, 4]

Could Meghan's 'bendy thumbs' mean an early labour? Experts reveal the Duchess may have hypermobility syndrome and her loosened ligaments could lead to a shorter pregnancy Hypermobility can be tested for, Pregnancy and child birth can cause the ligaments to become lax in response to female hormones, such as relaxin. It is well known that multiple pregnancies and births increase the chance for sacroiliac joint dysfunction in women The hypermobility may increase the likelihood that one of the pelvic joints will move or get stuck in the wrong position, resulting in the asymmetrical movement which is central to PGP problems. To find out more about managing hypermobility in your pregnancy, please click on the below link to hear a midwife's perspective Meghan Markle, Prince Harry to welcome baby girl 'any day now' The Duchess of Sussex could have an early and quick labour because she has the condition called Hypermobility Women who are pregnant for the first time often wonder how their bodies might change. Some of the changes that women could experience after labour are weight gain, stretch marks, loose skin around the stomach area, a different breast size, even hair loss can be a problem. Be patient with your body after pregnancy and take care of yourself

Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) are a group of genetic connective-tissue disorders. Symptoms may include loose joints, joint pain, stretchy velvety skin, and abnormal scar formation. These can be noticed at birth or in early childhood. Complications may include aortic dissection, joint dislocations, scoliosis, chronic pain, or early osteoarthritis.. EDS occurs due to variations of more than 19. Consider the need for alternate maternal positioning during pregnancy, birth and beyond. To minimise the risk of injury, positioning should be led by the mother. As wound healing can be problematic, the use of non-tension, non-dissolvable, deep double sutures, left in for at least 14 days is advisable Pregnancy related low back pain is a common complaint among pregnant women. It can potentially have a negative impact on their quality of life. The aim of this article is to present a current review of the literature concerning this issue. By using PubMed database and low back pain, pelvic girdle.

Video: Hypermobile? Given birth? Please tell me about your

Among the respondents, spontaneous abortion, premature birth, and ectopic pregnancies occurred more frequently among women with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome than are reported in the general population . 8-10 It is reasonable to monitor pregnant women with classical, hypermobility, or vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome with early ultrasound scanning to. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS, ORPHA98249) comprises a group of clinically and genetically heterogeneous heritable connective tissue disorders, chiefly characterized by joint hypermobility and instability, skin texture anomalies, and vascular and soft tissue fragility. As many tissues can be involved, the underlying molecular defect can manifest itself in many organs and with varying degrees of. pregnancy complications: variable: medium: Unlike vascular EDS, hypermobile EDS is not associated with heart disease or major hazards (e.g., bowel rupture) during pregnancy and labor. Lind J, Wallenburg HC. Pregnancy and the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: a retrospective study in a Dutch population Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is an umbrella term that encompasses a group of genetic conditions that cause defects in collagen, resulting in hypermobility of the patient's joints and abnormalities in connective tissue such as the skin, bones, blood vessels and organs.There are several types of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. This section mainly focuses on hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

Top Antenatal Classes in Hong Kong to Get You Ready for Labour

studies, use during pregnancy appears to be safe but further research is needed to confirm this. Their safety during breastfeeding is currently unknown. Pyridostigmine is used to treat myasthenia gravis (a medical condition that causes weak muscles) in pregnancy and is felt to be safe in pregnancy and during breast feeding Birth coach Alexandra Kremer said: If you're already hypermobile, then pregnancy can take more of a toll on you and your body. Due to how fragile the connective tissue can be, hypermobility has shown that there can be a connection with early labour Pregnancy Considerations. Very difficult management, requires multidisciplinary effort. High risk of preterm labor, uterine rupture, & hemorrhage. Neuraxial relatively contraindicated, may need GA. If vascular type, recommendations are either termination of pregnancy or cesarean section before 32 weeks Previous pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy. Hypermobility, genetical ability to stretch joints beyond normal range. An event during the pregnancy or birth that caused injury or strain to the pelvic joints or rupture of the fibrocartilage. The occurrence of PGP is associated with twin pregnancy, first pregnancy and a higher age at first pregnancy

Pills For Pain Relief In Hospitals Pain Relief In Pt With Platelet Count 75 000 In Woman In Labor Clenbuterol And Pain Relief. Joint Hypermobility Syndrome Pain Relief Teething Pain Relief Chamomilla Recutita 6c Pain Relief For Arthritis Wrist Getting Pain Relief In The Er Search for: Rare Disease Profiles; 5 Facts; Rare IQ; Rare Mystery; Pregnancy; Your child and the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes; Gastrointestinal problems in children with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome more on children; Healthcare professionals. Physical therapy for hypermobility; A midwife's guide to pregnancy, birth, feeding and EDS more for healthcare professionals; Awareness presentations. General what is EDS. The mother was strong and brave. Everyone was looking forward to the birth with emotion and was curious about the gender of the baby. After the birth, the parents learned that 4 children were boys and 1 was a girl. Everyone was affected by this rare event. Alexandra was in good health, and the pregnancy did not harm her at all There may be an increased incidence of premature rupture of membranes and rapid (i.e. less than 4 hours) labor and delivery, and women with severe hypermobility are at risk for unusual complications. Summary. Joint hypermobility is a very common condition, and many people with loose joints will have no related medical problems at all

Hi I was wondering if anyone else suffers from hypermobility syndrome and also suffered spd during and a long time after birth. How do you cope on a daily basis? I find it really difficult as I get pain in both hands,shoulders,knees and ankles. I still have SPD 15 months later so my pelvis and back ar Unlike in EDS, h-EDS and HSD are not associated with any major vascular hazard during pregnancy and labour. However, people with h-EDS and HSD should talk to their obstetrician early in their pregnancies about risks. Links. The diagnosis of hypermobility-type Ehlers-Danlos (h-EDS) and hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSD) has been recently.

Joint hypermobility and labour BabyCentr

Hypermobility BabyandBum

Introduction. During pregnancy and after childbirth, significant changes occur to women's bodies. Swelling of the abdomen with fetal growth and weight gain not only around the uterus but also in the whole body are major examples [].In addition, bone alignment changes, especially around the pelvis, occur in pregnancy [2,3].A primary function of the pelvic bones is to transfer loads generated. T1 - A Clinical Update on Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome during pregnancy, birth and beyond British Journal of Midwifery. AU - Pezaro, Sally. AU - Pearce, Gemma. AU - Reinhold, Emma J . PY - 2021/4/21. Y1 - 2021/4/2 1. bend a thumb backwards to touch your forearm. 1. bend a little finger back more than 90 degrees. 1. while standing, put hands flat on floor while knees stay straight. 1. 4 points = hypermobility likely. 4 points and pain in 4 or more joints for at least 3 months = joint hypermobility syndrome likely

Breath tests targeting smoking in pregnancy backed by

Joint Hypermobility - if you have this, don't do ante

Hypermobility and pregnancy Mumsne

Can vaginal birth really cause a loose vagina? For some women the answer appears to be yes. Vaginal delivery can result in persistent feelings of vaginal laxity. This laxity can reduce vaginal sensation during intercourse and diminish sexual satisfaction of both partners, which can in turn lead to decreased sexual self-esteem and a drop in sexual intimacy But I did have splints for both my hands, because 'all pregnant ladies get carpel tunnel'. I sailed though the birth, which isn't uncommon with EDS. The joints in the pelvis have already let out, contractions were fast and the whole thing was over in less than a day. They said it was more like a second birth than a first birth Joint hypermobility in babies and children. When you have joint hypermobility, it means your joints are more flexible than in other people. It is sometimes referred to as being double jointed and is quite common - about 1 in 10 people are hypermobile. Joint hypermobility in babies and children is even more common and usually causes no problems Re: Hypermobility and low muscle tone in children (not babies) Just a note about the W sit position. Often children who sit in this position find it more comfortable to sit on a wedge or a cushion which helps them to be more comfortable and able to concentrate more. Google Sitting Wedges for more info. December 11th, 2013, 10:20 AM #13 And hormonal changes make normal tissues more flexible during pregnancy, so women with hypermobility are at increased risk until after the birth. Big advances in paediatric physiotherapy are transforming the prospects of children with hypermobility

However, when damage is done to the sacroiliac joint due to the structural and functional changes associated with pregnancy and birth, the woman might have to undergo treatment to correct the problem and restore joint stability. Hypermobility is certainly the most common postpartum consequence to affect the sacroiliac joint The joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition in which the joints easily move beyond the normal range expected for a particular joint. The condition tends to run in families. Symptoms of hypermobility syndrome include joint pain. People with hypermobility syndrome are more susceptible to injury, including dislocations and sprains. Anti-inflammatory drugs can help with joint pain

A midwife's guide to pregnancy, birth, feeding and EDS

Pelvic girdle pain (PGP) specifically indicates pregnancy-related pain in the lumbosacral, sacroiliac, and pubic symphysis joints [ 3 ]. Twenty-two percent of all women experience PGP during pregnancy, labor, or postpartum, 5-8% of those with severe symptoms and disability. In addition, PGP may be observed in 7% of women after delivery [ 3, 4 ] Pregnancy and birth are a lot of work for a body. Not only are you recovering from growing and delivering another person, you are also tasked with taking care of one! During the 4th trimester (the 3 months after delivery), you're carrying a baby around, consoling a baby, and feeding a baby as your body is trying to return to its pre-pregnancy. Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain is described as any pain experienced in the pubic symphysis (front of the pelvis) or sacroiliac joints (low back) during pregnancy 2. Pain is often reported as early as 14 weeks gestation and as late as 30 weeks, with as high as 60-70% of women reporting some pelvic girdle pain by late pregnancy 2. What many. Googling hormones & hypermobility, almost all of the comments about estrogen helping stabilise joints are a copy & paste of Professor Bird's comments or cite him. The ones saying estrogen makes joints less stable are from a variety of sources (endocrinologists, studies of female athletes & pregnancy health professionals)

Hypermobility in pregnancy, beignton scor

The odds of early preterm birth before 34 weeks was more than double for women with sleep apnea, Silveira EB, Rocabado M, Russo AK, et al. Incidence of systemic joint hypermobility and temporomandibular joint hypermobility in pregnancy. Cranio. 2005;23(2):138-43 In a story from Medical Xpress, the authors of a recent study declared that maternity care for pregnant women with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is in dire need of improvement. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is a group of disorders that primarily impact the connective tissues and this has the potential to increase a woman's risk of certain complications during pregnancy Hypermobility in 5 or more joints (who do not meet the criteria for EDS) are described as having Generalised Joint Hypermobility (GJH) and may still have significant effects on their health. The spectrum of Hypermobility disorders ranges from GJH through to hEDS and the other EDS types and there may be overlaps, as illustrated in Figure 1 Groin pain is a common pregnancy symptom that often becomes more intense as the pregnancy progresses. groin pain goes away shortly after giving birth. such as hip problems or hypermobility. Avoiding the pregnant pause in exercise and training. Although exercise is strongly encouraged throughout a normal pregnancy, high intensity training may pose risk to both mother and baby. With this in mind, Tracy Ward examines the current guidelines, and provides exercise suggestions for pregnant athletes seeking a rapid return to sport.

Pregnancy - LabourDrugs used in pregnancy, labour and puerperium

Hypermobility and pregnancy?? BabyCentr

The assessment of generalized joint hypermobility is difficult due to differences in classification methods and in the performance of joint mobility assessment. The primary aim was to evaluate the validity of the self-reported five-part questionnaire, 5PQ, for identifying generalized joint hypermobility using the Beighton score as reference test Pregnancy complications like ruptured arteries have led to death in 5 percent of pregnant people with EDS. Opting to have a C-section can reduce your risk. 7 You'll want to address all of these potential complications prior to getting pregnant and keep in mind that labor and delivery can trigger new or additional symptoms. Hypermobility syndrome is a condition where numerous joints are capable of an unusually wide range of movement, commonly genetic (increased elastic quality of soft tissues) or associated with hormonal changes of pregnancy or the OCP. In some cases there can be a regional hypermobility compensating for a lack of anatomical movement ↑ Pregnancy, birth, feeding and hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome / hypermobility spectrum disorders - The Ehlers-Danlos Support UK. www.ehlers-danlos.org. Retrieved October 7, 2018. ↑ Burns, Darden (July 1, 2016). Another Piece of the Puzzle: An ME/CFS/FM Patient Gets an Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Diagnosis - Health Rising. Health Rising Pregnancy will make your ligaments looser. The later the stage of pregnancy the more hormone relaxin your body will make to get you ready for giving birth. The whole purpose of the relaxin hormone is to make your ligaments loose enough so that the baby's head can pass through the bones of pelvis. Hypermobility or Hypobility

Pregnancy - The Ehlers-Danlos Support U

Start studying Pregnancy and Post-partum PT tx. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. promotes oxytocin secretion during labor and delivery ACTH section when stressed. urethral hypermobility. if we lose level 3 support posteriorly we get _____ prolapse Although not a serious disorder, hypermobility may cause pain in the joints and joint displacement. Unpleasant symptoms developing from hypermobile joints are grouped together to be called as hypermobility syndrome. Causes Of Hypermobility Syndrome. Hypermobile joints are present since birth. Certain types of genes are responsible for it MTHFR is an acronym for M ethylene t etra h ydro f olate r eductase. It is both the name of a gene, and the name of the enzyme which that gene produces. Individuals with a mutated copy of this gene produce an enzyme that is less effective at breaking down the amino-acid homocysteine. The mutation can occur at one of two sites on the gene Hypermobility joint syndrome (HJS) means your joints are looser than normal. It's typically referred to as being double jointed. It is a common joint or muscle problem in children and.

Pregnancy Yoga with Nadia Babyccino Kids: Daily tips

If that hypermobility extends to other parts of her body, she might be in for an easy labor. The ligaments of the pelvis, which help hold the pelvis together, are believed to loosen over pregnancy, Taylor told the outlet. So any more mobility within these from having hypermobility may help make delivery easier too Morning all Had a letter off the DWP today, we have had a car on mobility for 18 months, first time ever we claimed DLA for our son and he was awarded it in August 08 apparently according to his Consultant, his hypermobility means we should have had it from birth but hey ho, we were not made aware of this! Anyway, the letter was because we just. Another mundane cause of sacroiliac joint hypermobility is the hormones of pregnancy, which enable the pelvic ring to be more expandable to allow the fetus greater ease of passage during birth. Many women experience chronic low back pain after childbirth due to sacroiliac joint laxity caused by the hormones of pregnancy Hypermobility and connective tissue disease in pregnancy and postpartum recovery. I'm what you call hypermobile. I never realized just how prone it makes me to injury until I tried taking yoga classes in my late 20s. Having a baby made it worse, given how much relaxin the body produces during pregnancy Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) hypermobility type (HED), also known as type lll, is thought to be a hereditary connective tissue disorder that is characterized by joint laxity, velvety soft skin and easy bruising. Other organ system involvement is common and includes musculoskeletal, digestive, cardiovascular, nervous and the immune system Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) is the most common type of EDS affecting around one in 5,000 to one in 20,000 individuals worldwide. It is characterized by symptoms such as soft, smooth, and fragile skin, hypermobile joints, frequent joint dislocations, scoliosis (abnormal curvature of the spine), and osteoarthritis (inflammation of the bones)